Employee Benefits Account Executive Insurance Job
Provide strategic and tactical consulting and account management support on an assigned book of business, develop with Producers new business within the book of business, and build and maintain strong client and carrier relationships.
Location: San Francisco, Los Angeles and other locations in California
- Serve as primary operations liaison between insurance company and clients. Under direction, serve as the primary technical advisor to clients on all group insurance issues. Interface effectively and confidently with senior management of clients and/or prospects, representing the insurance company in the highest professional manner.
- Prepare Annual Service Plans for clients. Meet with clients quarterly or as necessary.
- Oversee renewals and marketing efforts and take lead role in carrier selection and/or financial negotiations. Oversee/approve all vendor, plan design, and financial recommendation, in concert with Account Manager and/or Producer. Write Executive Summary for Annual Renewal/Marketing report. Prepare implementation schedule.
- Review drafts of all employee communication pieces (trifold benefit brochures, etc.).
- Review and sign-off on all agreements and/or documents (employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.).
- Schedule and lead all client meetings. Attend enrollment meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that data in BenefitPoint is loaded and updated annually for all assigned clients.
- Supervise the Account Manager/Account Administrator in preparation of Monthly Experience Reporting, Mid-Year Report, and Annual Renewal/Marketing Report.
- Provide appropriate training and development for Account Managers.
- Serve as a technical resource for Account Managers.
- Handle complex underwriting and funding issues and strategies.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with insurance carriers and administrators to generate optimal results for clients (competitive costs, competitive renewals, expedient problem resolution, etc.).
- Direct/assign special projects for clients as needed in concert with the Department Manager.
- Attend appropriate industry functions and participate in relevant industry training.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of insurance coverages and markets.
- Communicate with associates, clients, and carriers in a positive manner. Set an example as a leader in the Department.
- Manage client teams and relationships within teams effectively. Delegate work appropriately and provide strong technical and non-technical leadership.
- Prepare written correspondence, reports, and analyses as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field preferred, or equivalent experience in the insurance industry required.
- Five years’ experience in employee benefits required.
- Must have a firm working knowledge of group benefits in multiple product lines (i.e., medical, dental, life, AD&D, disability) and a basic understanding of risk management.
- Working knowledge of federal and state legislation and legal issues related to the insurance industry required.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and strong writing skills required.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound client relationships with multiple clients.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting, financing, and funding approaches required.
- Must have the ability to prepare and present client presentations with clarity and understanding.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel required; PowerPoint desired.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and effectiveness in insurance industry by successful completion of extended insurance education beyond continuing education requirements for licensing.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required.
- Must have the ability to compile, analyze, and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives required.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to instill confidence and comfort with clients.
- Must have the ability to travel by automobile and aircraft and stay more than one day and night.